We don’t often have cake and tonight I felt like something totally different (beef stew and cake for dinner anyone?) so here’s the recipe for you to try;
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp cardamom ground
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3-1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- A squeeze of honey
- 1&1/2 cups gluten-free plain flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease & line a 20cm (approx) round cake pan.
- With an electric mixer, beat butter, cardamom, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add honey then the eggs, beating after each one.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and milk until combined.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and smooth the surface. Bake for for 40/45 minutes or until cooked through .
Optional extras – I sprinkled then roughly mixed through some sultanas on one side of the cake only for my kids 🙂
With the flavour combination in this cake and the moist and fluffy texture it doesn’t need any cream or topping or anything! Feels really light in my tummy which is always a bonus. Even after 2 pieces 😉