After a small amount of tinkering here is my latest recipe for healthy kids snacks. A friend suggested to me a couple of days ago to use kidney beans instead of flour and I was reminded of the ever popular chickpea cookies I used to make and thought about trying it out.
Now, substitute where necessary as we all have different requirements but this recipe proved to be another absolute winner in my house. Except my husband never got to taste any because they were finished too quickly – oops!
TOTALLY HEALTHY CUPCAKES
Ingredients – makes 24
- 2 eggs (or egg substitute)
- 1 tbs vanilla paste
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 can red kidney beans (or bean of choice eg. Butter bean, chickpea maybe although I haven’t tried)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk powder
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 1/4 cup honey (or sweetener of choice eg. Maple syrup)
Note: to make these chocolate, simply replace the coconut flour & powder with cacao/cocoa powder.
- Preheat oven to 180•C and line mini cupcake tray with papers.
- Blend eggs, vanilla, coconut oil and baking powder until well combined, almost creamy.
- Add rinsed & drained beans, and remaining ingredients and process until well combined and smooth.
- Spoon by teaspoon into paper cases and bake for 25 mins.
- Try to let them cool a little before eating!