It’s not so naughty to eat tasty treats 🙂 feast your eyes on this!
If you’ve ever had real Japanese black sesame ice cream, think of the same flavour, only more intense and certainly as moreish. Maybe even more moreish!
This recipe uses black tahini as the base and I love it 🙂 The taste is not sickly fudgey-sweet, but nicely sweet, with a teeny tiny crunch from the added coconut.
Here you go!
- 1/2 cup black tahini
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs Melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Pinch of ground salt
- A flick of ground cardamom (optional)
- Blend all ingredients together then spoon evenly into a silicone mini cupcake tray (12 mould tray). The mixture won’t reach the top so don’t worry when it doesn’t.
- Place in freezer for a minimum of 45 minutes then enjoy! Here in North Queensland I needed to line them and pop them in a container then leave them in the freezer and take some out to eat as I go. In colder climates you may be able to keep them in the fridge, but I’m not sure they’ll last that long haha!
Makes approx 12.