A family favorite of ours is this easy chicken liver pate recipe. My children go in and out of their taste for this depending on what their body needs but it’s a great side dish full of vitamins, protein and yummy-ness. Clearly I enjoy it 😉
- 300-500g chicken livers, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 small-medium onion sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1 tbs Butter
- Fresh rosemary / mixed dried herbs / fresh oregano / your favorite French herb mix (approx 1-2 tsp)
- ¼ to ⅓ cup pouring cream
- Optional: 1 tbs brandy
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter before adding bay leaves, cook for a few minutes.
- Add chicken livers, cook for 5 minutes. Add herbs and salt and pepper.
- Stir livers then cook until just done. Remove bay leaves.
- If adding brandy, do so now then light with a match or lighter in order to burn off the alcohol, then simmer for a few minutes until well incorporated into the mix.
- Remove from heat and then allow to cool for a few minutes before moving everything into a food processor or blender (I use a stick blender). Add cream and process until smooth.
- Pour into a glass bowl/container and refrigerate for a few hours until firm.