It’s been a while since I posted any recipes so I thought I’d pop up this one as it’s a frequent request in my household 🙂
This recipe is reduced sugar, and I’ve chosen all the ingredients from the supermarket with the least additives. To make it easier just go with products which have the most whole items or items you can pronounce, in the ingredients list. For example, the sour cream is only; Pasteurized cream, culture. Ideally, one might choose all gluten free and organic, or even sugar free, but sometimes we don’t always have access to these items so I’ve given the basic recipe here. Any plain biscuits work with this (I’ve tried making it with gluten free ginger nut biscuits and it comes up a treat).
This takes about 10 mins to prep, 25 minutes to cook, and a few hours to cool. Making 24 in total. I always freeze half at least of them and thawed they’re just fine too.
- 250g plain biscuits (digestives, ginger nut, nice)
- 140g butter, melted
- 2 x 250g cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 300g sour cream
- 3 x eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla
- ⅓-½ cup raw sugar
- Process biscuits in a food processor until fine, then add butter and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Line cupcake trays (2 x 12) with two paper liners each. Spoon base mixture evenly between them. I use about 1-2 teaspoons for each.
- Flatten with the back of your spoon then refrigerate while you prepare filling. (See picture). Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a clean processor, combine cream cheese & sour cream until smooth.
- Add eggs, sugar and vanilla until just combined.
- Pour evenly into cupcake liners and bake for 25mins. Because I have to swap my top & bottom trays (small oven) I tend to bake them for 25-30 mins and they crack and lose some form but no-one complains lol!
- Remove from oven & allow to cool for at least an hour before transferring to fridge or freezer. Set for 2-4 hours before eating.
You might like to top with cinnamon, or grated chocolate, or top with berries to serve.
Enjoy! Happy baking!!